Tow line/Hi-Start 36" gliders
The SAM rules for vintage are as follows:
Up to 36” Vintage Glider - Hi start (bungee launch)
1. Any model designed as a glider with wingspan up to and including 36”, from the Vintage period as described above may be flown (A vintage model must be built in accordance with a design that was first flown, published or kitted prior to 1st January 1951, (January 1951 issues of magazines are accepted as published in 1950).
2. Maximum towline length 30 metres comprising 7.5 metres (unstretched) rubber strip up to 1/8” wide and 22.5 metres of line
3. Fixed end of line to be held by an assistant (no stakes to be used)
4. Line to be reeled in immediately after launch to avoid risk of entanglement
5. Models may be scaled down from original designs that would otherwise be over 36” span. Construction is to follow the form of the original with wood sizes being scaled to agree with the model’s scale
The Classic rules are identical except that : A classic model must be built in accordance with a design that was first flown, published or kitted after 30th December 1950 and before 1st January 1961 (January 1961 issues of magazines are accepted as published in 1960).